Exam Code: 1Z0-580
Exam Name: Oracle Solaris 11 Installation and Configuration Essentials
Which is the preferred command to manage Layer 3 network properties in Oracle Solaris 11?
Interfaces that are on the IP layer (Layer 3) are configured by using the ipadm command.
When conducting an automated installation, the name of the resulting root pool is "rpool1." Which is the direct cause of this?
A. The system already has a root pool named "rpool".
B. The manifest declares the name of the root pool to use.
C. "pool1" is the preexisting name of the root pool.
D. "rpool" is a reserved pool name that can only be used for factory-based installations.
E. Of the two disks present for mirroring, the first is named "rpool" and the second is named "pool1".
What has become the default graphical user interface for Oracle Solaris 11 desktop operation?
A. CDE (Common Desktop Environment)
B. Gnome Desktop
C. X-Window System
D. Firefox Web Browser
E. Java Desktop
The Solaris 11 release in November 2011 only contains GNOME as a full desktop.
Not A: The Common Desktop Environment (CDE) is a desktop environment for Unix and OpenVMS, based on the Motif widget toolkit. For a long period, it was the "classic" Unix desktop associated with commercial Unix workstations. After a long history as proprietary software, it was released as free software on 6 August 2012, under the GNU Lesser General Public License.
What is the relevance of the "-c" argument in the output below?
A. the location of the cache directory used by NFS cache
B. the location of the cache directory used during an interrupted download process
C. the location of the class directory containing various IPS class files needed by Java
D. the location of the Images containing the MD5 checksum information
E. the location of all configured clients and their Install criteria
– Image Packaging System content retrieval utility
The path to a directory that will be used to cache downloaded content. If this directory is not supplied, the client automatically selects a cache directory. In the case where a download is interrupted, and a cache directory was automatically chosen, use this option to resume the download. See the "Environment Variables" section below for details about how to set the location used for temporary data storage.
Reference: Image Packaging System Man Pages
Which service must be enabled in order to create an iSCSI LUN?
How to Enable the STMF Service
COMSTAR uses SMF to store its current, persistent configuration, such as logical unit mapping, host group definitions, and target group definitions. When the service is enabled during boot or when using the svcadm command, it clears any stale configuration data inside the kernel framework, and then reloads the configuration from the SMF repository into the driver. The COMSTAR target mode framework runs as the stmf service. By default, the service is disabled. You must enable the service to use COMSTAR functionality. You can identify the service with the svcs command. If you have not rebooted the server since installing the group/feature/storage-server package, the service might not be enabled correctly.
* You can set up and configure a COMSTAR Internet SCSI (iSCSI) target and make it available over the network. The iSCSI features can work over a normal Internet connection (such as Ethernet) using the standard iSCSI protocol. The iSCSI protocol also provides naming and discovery services, authentication services using CHAP and RADIUS, and centralized management through iSNS. Reference: Oracle Solaris 11 Information Library, Configuring iSCSI Devices With COMSTAR
You are implementing three workloads, one in each of three zones. Which five factors should you consider when configuring networking?
A. Are VLANs in use
B. The quantity of physical NICs in the system.
C. The network bandwidth needs of the workloads.
D. Which layer 4 protocol family is in use: TCP or UDP?
E. The range of IP addresses that each zone can use.
F. The amount of processing capacity needed to handle network interrupts for each zone.
* Modern computing environments have to provide a flexible response to the varying workloads that are generated by different applications on a system. A workload is an aggregation of all processes of an application or group of applications. If resource management features are not used, the Oracle Solaris operating system responds to workload demands by adapting to new application requests dynamically. This default response generally means that all activity on the system is given equal access to resources.
A zone fails to boot, and zoneadm produces the following message:
A. Change the network link, that will be used by that zone.
B. Use "dladm disable net0" in the global zone to bring the NIC net0 down.
C. Convert the zone to use shared-IP networking.
D. Use "dladm rename-link net0 net9" in the global zone.
E. Use "netconfig disable net0" in the global zone.
C: When you assign a network to a global zone, you must define the mode of the network, either Shared IP or Exclusive IP:
In Shared IP mode, the network interface is used by more than one zone. You define the network interface when you you assign the global zone to the network. In Exclusive IP mode, the network interface is dedicated to the zone. An exclusive network must be declared for the global zone when you assign network to the global zone. Then you configure the IP configuration for the non-global zone.
Not B: There is no command dladm disable to disable a network interface. Not D: There is no command netconfig disable to disable a network interface.
When upgrading to Oracle Solaris 11 from Oracle Solaris 10, the Live Upgrade utilities are _________.
A. enhanced to automatically use js2ai and convert jumpstart rules to AI profiles and criteria
B. not available because there is no upgrade method from Oracle Solaris 10 to Oracle Solaris 11
C. available in a separate SVR4 package that you have to install onto Oracle Solaris 10 first
D. only available to you if you have a support agreement in place with Oracle
E. available at no cost from an IPS repository hosted on http://pkg.oracle.com
The JumpStart Migration Utility (js2ai) is used to convert Oracle Solaris 10 JumpStart rules and profiles to a format that is compatible with AI manifest entries.
* There are no upgrade methods or tools available to transition from Oracle Solaris 10 to Oracle Solaris 11. You cannot use an installer to upgrade from Oracle Solaris 10 to Oracle Solaris 11. You must perform a fresh installation of Oracle Solaris 11.
With which three link types do the dladm set-linkprop and show-linkprop subcommands work?
* virtual local area networks (VLANs), link aggregations, and IP tunnels can be assigned administratively-chosen names and then configured by referring to those names.
* VNICs are pseudo interfaces that you create on top of datalinks. A VNIC has an automatically generated MAC address. Depending on the network interface in use, you can explicitly assign to a VNIC a MAC address other than the default address, as described in the dladm(1M) man page. You can create as many VNICs over a datalink as you require.
* Etherstubs are pseudo ethernet NICs which are managed by the system administrator. You can create VNICs over etherstubs instead of over physical links. VNICs over an etherstub become independent of the physical NICs in the system. With etherstubs, you can construct a private virtual network that is isolated both from the other virtual networks in the system and from the external network. For example, you want to create a network environment whose access is limited only to your company developers than to the network at large. Etherstubs can be used to create such an environment.
* The basic link aggregation topology involves a single aggregation that contains a set of physical interfaces. You might use the basic link aggregation in the following situations:
For systems that run an application with distributed heavy traffic, you can dedicate an aggregation to that application’s traffic.
For sites with limited IP address space that nevertheless require large amounts of bandwidth, you need only one IP address for a large aggregation of interfaces. For sites that need to hide the existence of internal interfaces, the IP address of the aggregation hides its interfaces from external applications.
List three reasons why Oracle Solaris 11 and SPARC would be the best platforms for deploying an Oracle database.
A. tight engineering integration between database and operating system development teams
B. continuous joint testing between database and operating system development teams
C. world record performance
D. Oracle Solaris 11 is only available on the SPARC platform
E. SPARC is the lowest cost hardware solution on the market today
A: Joint innovations, co-engineered projects, and specific optimizations make Oracle Solaris 11 the best UNIX for your Oracle Database, Oracle Fusion Middleware, and Oracle Applications.
C: Oracle Solaris and SPARC with Oracle Database, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Java, and Oracle Applications hold many world-record benchmarks
Not D: Solaris 11 is available for x86 as well.
Which command would result in safely detaching a disk or disks from a mirrored pool to create another identical pool?
A. zfs split tank1 tank2
B. zpool create tank mirror clt0d0 c2t0d0
C. zpool split tank1 tank2
D. zpool detach tank clt0d0
E. zpool replace tank clt1d0 c2t0d0
Use the zpool split command to split a mirrored storage pool, which detaches a disk or disks in the original mirrored pool to create another identical pool.
If you want to pass Oracle 1Z0-580 successfully, donot missing to read latest lead2pass Oracle 1Z0-580 dumps.
If you can master all lead2pass questions you will able to pass 100% guaranteed.